Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Humanization Of A Robot!



Have you ever thought of the force that backs all our choices and decisions in life?
In most likelihood, no! Well… I wouldn’t be writing this myself if I hadn’t awakened last night (If I may say so.)

I lay in my bed, tucked inside my cozy comforter. The air con is set on 23 degrees and the time is around 2 a.m (yes I am an insomniac!). The conditions are perfect to read a book. And so I have in my hand Paulo Coelho’s 11 Minutes. 

I wanted to read it since a long time but got a chance to do so only recently. As I turned the pages of the book, I seemed to relate to the character of the protagonist and at one point wondered if the book was about me?!

I don’t mean I’m the prostitute (for those who have read the book) but one look deeper into the character and you’ll know she was different from the rest. Not all of us have the ability to challenge what we see, set a limit for us and break it ourselves, believe in true love and repel it at the same time. It could very well sound like a mental disorder, but think again!

Who we are and what we do is not really up to us if you think about it…
We are constantly surrounded by mental pressures, social responsibilities, moral stand and a lot of other fancy words. Unfortunately being up to the mark is responsible for taking away our individuality.

Individuality is what sets us apart from the others. But really, if we are constantly thriving to be ideal- ideal, as we "perceive" ourselves to be and in the way our society looks at us, aren't we just a part of a rat race? A breed that is well accepted, well marketed and obviously desired! We’re just a project under construction.

Therefore coming back to my first statement- The force that backs all our choices and our decisions in life is our universe. We are unfortunately robots, designed to perform according to the way we have been programmed. And the word ‘individuality’ exists only in the dictionary for most of us! 

4 comments:

  1. not bad haan ;) creativity at its best...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Thank you! Not creativity at it's best, just trying to explore the concept of creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice..i like the way you have corelated the things with an ease..Transforming creativity in to words, is itself a "CREATIVITY"..Good going..keep it up..
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. mubarqa!! finally on the blog.
    'twas good..
    programmed to walk, programmed to sin! and the code? well i liked the idea, the code comes from several peripheral inputs...
    why don't you just hold on to this?? :P

    ReplyDelete